TEJANI Bridal Jewelry is looking for a Magento E-commerce designer and development team to handle a homepage and navigation redesign, with the possibility of also updating our shopping cart page.
Usability is the main concern on our homepage and are finding it’s unclear that tejani.com is an actual store. Additionally, we feel the site is oversized and text heavy (understanding the SEO value, we would like a way to maintain its importance, but hide its visibility).
We are extremely open to your design; however, we need someone to work within these parameters:
PRIORITY #1: HOME PAGE + NAVIGATION
(1) Reduce size of the main content, not to exceed 550 px (including top nav, 980 wide is fine)
(2) Update the navigation:
----- Move all shop categories horizontally across the page (and find another home for other content)
----- Dropdown for each category lists subcategories +view all (ie. Wedding Earrings would show Drop, Chandelier, Statement, View All – we’ve currently removed to allow for less clicks to buy)
----- When you click on the main category in nav (like Shop Bridal Jewelry brings you to it’s own page), it brings you to the [current] landing page (a workaround we hope to save the SEO value of the landing page, but remove the actual click through to see products)
----- When logged in w/current nav, help button is covered. Make sure everything fits.
----- Consistent breadcrumbs
(3) Image slider for main content and/or pods (ask for mockup for explanation)
(4) We also like the idea of shopping pages having a REAL view all option, so you don’t have to sift through several pages of product
(5) Find a way to make it look less cluttered, how to hide the text, but maintain SEO value?
I have a mockup of some ideas I am happy to share, if interested.
PRIORITY #2: CHECKOUT
We need a true one-page checkout, as well as an additional opportunity to allow guests to (a) use a coupon code (b) register
(1) Highlight benefits of becoming a registered user once checkout is started, to encourage signup
(2) Do not require customers to click a continue button – all info should be entered on one page
(3) Do not show Flat Rate Fee when they qualify for free shipping
(4) Make “wedding date” a red error if not included (currently clears the box and you have to go back a step, it’s confusing)
(5) Allow the customer to enter a coupon code one last time (outside of general cart view) before checking out
(6) Ask customer once more if they would like to register for email updates, connect to Mail Chimp
http://www.carolee.com/ (size, main content approx. 500 px incl. nav)
http://www.shopbop.com/ci/3/wedding/bridal-and-wedding-2011-no-prelude.html#page2 (main image slider)
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/ (side pod option)
http://www.brownsfashion.com/home/ (for slider over main image)
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/Entry.jsp (side slider for pods)
http://www.swarovski.com/Web_US/en/index (bottom slider for pods)
http://www.net-a-porter.com/ (overall clean design)
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- Are a PHP and MySQL expert with strong Magento background
- Have experience creating successful E-commerce websites
- Are good at analyzing and solving problems
- Don't need someone to watch over you to get a task completed
- Are not afraid to ask questions
We look forward to hearing from you!
|Expired on :||6 years ago|
|Estimate Budget :||Between $1,000 and $5,000|
Sign in to view more of the job details and submit a proposal. Once registered, you'll have access to thousands of jobs online or through email.
Post a similar job and receive proposals right away.